Marc Stanton Endowed Scholarship
The Marc Stanton Endowed Scholarship was created with gifts from friends and colleagues of Professor Marc Stanton, a beloved professor at MassBay who passed away in 2018. Professor Stanton was dedicated to his students. Professor Stanton, who joined MassBay in 1986, had served as chair of its Legal Studies and Government Department and was a devoted Criminal Justice faculty member. He was a sincere and conscientious mentor for his many students, advising them throughout their educational and career paths in law enforcement. During his time at MassBay, he had taught and helped launch the careers of state and federal police officers, corrections officers, lawyers, paralegals and many other law enforcement and legal professionals. The scholarship was created to support MassBay students studying criminal justice and meeting the terms criteria.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts resident
- Declared major pursuing an associate degree or certificate in Criminal Justice
- Completed a minimum of 9 credits at MassBay
- Cumulative GP A of 2. 7 or higher
- Enrolled in a minimum of 9 credits in award semester
- 250-300-word essay explaining how this scholarship will assist you in achieving your goals